Look At Yourself In The Mirror

How could you look at yourself in the mirror?

You stand for nothing and your heart is untrue , Every single thing about you's just a clone of the last "you"

All I want is to reach someone, to say something that could change their life forever, To let them know they're not alone, you're not alone , So many people wanna see me fail, so fucking clever but I'll spit in your face , I'll make sure you remember me

If all these words you speak of meant a thing , I'd take back all the lines against you that I sing, But I know that there's nothing real inside , Your heart's invested in feeding everyone lies

I've seen so many of you come and go, That's cuz you're in it for all the wrong fucking reasons , You can't expect to live off of lies and survive , I am who I am, this is what we are,  I don't care if this offends you, or your worthless god

To all the kids who's letters I receive , The broken hearted, the damaged just like me , I will be your voice to let the world know we stand as one , We're standing right here so come and fucking get us

Open your mind before your mouth ,  Or come and fucking get us , I'll be the end of your decadence I may not have built this kingdom but,  I'll make fucking sure that I protect it from you.

There's a difference between who we love, who we settle for, and who we're meant for.

There are huge differences between who you have settled for, who you are meant for, and who we love, this is a complicated but almost undeniable truth. Whether you choose to believe that a person in your life because they were meant for you, or because you just settled, we are all forced to answer the question of if the love that we have for a person is real or not at some point in time.

All is not fair in love, but all should be. If someone truly loves us we must be willing to let them know if we really love them, or if we think that we may just be settling for them because they have us feeling secure, or comfortable, everything but happy. It is not always easy to be honest about your feelings because it may hurt someone else's, but never live a life that you know isn't really yours to live. Never settle, love and love with all of you, that is what love is meant for!

0 comments:

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP